Monday, December 28, 2009
and he sent me this snap to print and give to Our Grandma Doubt...which I will, but I am also going to blog it. Grandma Doubt is 92 years old.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Sunday, December 06, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Monday, November 09, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
After a few years I decided to put up some geneology info on it. As of lately, I have had some great people send me lots of research for the Hillenburgs going back to the 1600. Its pretty awesome. However I have also had something else happen.
I keep getting emails from people that think I am Stephen Hillenburg. You know the Creator of Sponge-Bob. I guess Stephen is not so easy to get in touch with and he is somewhat a private person (I really don't know) The truth is I have never watched an episode...and when it comes on TV the voices are so annoying that I immediately turn it over. I know its very popular...but I guess I don't get it.
Anyway...I have recently gotten three emails that I thought I would share with you all for what its worth. Not that its anything earth-shattering...just interesting to me. So its on here...after all this is MY blog :-).
I am embarrassed to say that I mis-read this email early one morning on my iPhone and I thought that it said that this person was 72 years old. Not 12. I promptly replied to him "Wrong Hillenburg" Sorry for being so abrupt Daniel. I should probably not reply to emails before I wake up.
Hi, this is alaina schafer. I am pretty sure this is stephen hillenburg(the creater os Spongebob) and if is not i am sorry. But i plan on useing you for an upcoming project in history. i am a 7th grader and we are doing something called a history fair. inn this project we have to do a person that had an innovation in hitory and if you could let me know a little bit about u that would be great.
p.s: i love your work
Dear Stephen,My name is Seth Elkins. I think you should make an episode of Spongebob when Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy, Mr.Crabs, and Squidward all go to a hotel.The problem is that the restaurant at the hotel tricks Spongebob into telling the chefs the krabby patty formula. will they make the chefs forget it? I hope you turn this into an episode. from,Seth Elkins
SO...now you can see my dilemma. What should I do with these emails? Should I start responding as if I was the super secret identity of my famous (relative?) Stephen. Should I set up the email address Stephen@Hillenburg.com and see what else comes pouring in. Or should I just ignore these and stay focused on my final end goal of making my alter-ego Hillenblog hollywood famous so I can show the world how super hot my first wife is and kill the "Starter Wife" theory for famous men in Hollywood?
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
I'm at @hsbc11am looking forward to another great service.
Hillen Tacos tonight at Randy & Lauren Thomas house for small groups. Gittye.
-- Post From My iPhone
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Team prepares for Homecoming showdown with Marshfield
By Alyssa Spradlin
“It would have been easy coming into a game like this for our guys to let down, but they did a great job of staying focused,” LRHS head coach Doug Smith said of his defensive line. The D-line held the Wolves scoreless, giving the ‘Cats a 38-0 victory.
The second quarter was the breakaway quarter for Rogersville with Grant Clouse scoring on a 45-yard run. Quarterback Colton Dill completed a pass to Reuter for the two-point conversion.
Dillon Lassley picked up a 23-yard pass from Dill to take the ball to the 25-yard line less then three minutes later. Three plays later, Dill would score on an 8-yard keeper, followed by Zapata’s successful extra point kick.
Rogersville picked up a Reeds Spring fumble with less than three and a half minutes in the half. Clouse ran the ball 34 yards for another touchdown on the next play. Zapata followed it up with another extra point, making the score 31-0 at the half.
Rogersville’s reserve offense saw significant playing time in the second half, with Joe Zimmer coming in to quarterback after the first play. He had his own successful keeper with 2:32 left in the quarter. Zapata’s successful kick brought the score to 38-0, triggering the turbo clock.
Barrett Hillenburg took over quarterback duties in the fourth quarter. He and Mason Mawby combined for a series of short gains that put the ‘Cats within five yards of another touchdown. Mawby ended the game with six carries for 28 yards; Hillenburg had five carries for 17 yards.
Rogersville ended the game with 305 rushing yards on 39 carries. Dill had 108 yards passing, with 10 carries for 52 yards and one touchdown. Clouse had seven carries for 92 yards and two touchdowns.
The 4-1 ‘Cats host the 3-2 Marshfield Blue Jays Friday for Rogersville’s Homecoming game.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
1. They are more successful in business and in life.
2. They get elected, promoted, and rewarded more often than those less likable.
3. They close more sales and make more money.
4. They get better service from all types of service providers, including Doctors and other health care providers - which means they probably live longer as well!
Still not sure? Take a look at these studies.
A Columbia University study by Melinda Tamkins shows that success in the workplace is guaranteed not by what or whom you know but by your popularity. In her study, Tamkins found that, "popular workers were seen as trustworthy, motivated, serious, decisive and hardworking and were recommended for fast-track promotion and generous pay increases. Their less-liked colleagues were perceived as arrogant, conniving and manipulative. Pay rises and promotions were ruled out regardless of their academic background or professional qualifications."
The Gallup organization has conducted a personality factor poll prior to every presidential election since 1960. Only one of three factors - issues, party affiliation, and likeability, has been a consistent prognosticator of the final election result. Of course, the factor is likeability. What makes you likable?
We find a plethora of opinions as to the specific elements that contribute to likeability. Tim Sanders in his book, The Likeability Factor notes these 4:
1. Friendliness: your ability to communicate liking and openness to others.
2. Relevance: your capacity to connect with others' interests, wants, and needs.
3. Empathy: your ability to recognize, acknowledge, and experience other people's feelings.
4. Realness: the integrity that stands behind your likeability and guarantees its authenticity.
7 Components of Likeability
Through research and experience, these seven elements are integral for "likeability":
1. Positive mental attitude
Likeable people exude a positive mental attitude. That does not mean they are silly or giddy. They don't ignore hardships or failures, but consciously reframe those difficulties and negative emotions to healthier positive ones.
Positive means that you can find a better direction out of a problem, rather than wallowing in the problem or negative emotion.
The truly likable are non-judgmental. They recognize that everyone is trying to get by the best they know how, and they treat everyone with respect and understanding.
Passing critical judgment is a sign of inflexibility, a highly unlikable trait. The opposite of that is what we call "openness." The truly likeable are open to new people, other ideas, and different ways of doing things.
They demonstrate openness in their behavior, the tone of their voice and in their language.
Likeable people are, "comfortable in their own skin." They don't feel the need to talk over, correct, constantly make jokes or laugh nervously. They don't brag, talk incessantly or hide behind details or humor.
One of the most likeable characteristics is vulnerability. People who can say, "I don't know," who are able to admit mistakes or show a sensitivity, are seen as more likeable.
6. Able to get outside the Self
Those whose primary focus is on themselves rate low on the likeability scale. Conversely, those who are secure in themselves and able to turn their focus outward rate much higher. It's part empathy - our ability to recognize, acknowledge and experience other people's feelings, which is a key attribute of likeability. This is more than the ability to be empathetic. It is the exercise of this ability. It is about becoming relevant. We become relevant in the lives of others when we learn about their interests, wants and needs.
7. Like me
We like people who like us. We also like people who are like us. As humans we are constantly seeking points of similarity. We look for and are attracted to people who are like us in terms of values, interests and experiences. Studies suggest we are also attracted to people who physically look like us.
More Exposure: Familiarity Breeds Likeability Recent studies have shown that more exposure is sufficient to increase the likeability of a person (or an object). In short, we are more attracted to and tend to like people who are familiar to us. So, in a selling situation, if the prospect likes you a little when you meet the first time, he may like you even more the second time and so on. With that in mind, your objective is to continue to increase the numbers of exposure to your prospects.
How Likable Are You?
How well would you say you demonstrate those likeability characteristics in your meetings with prospects? The key word here is "demonstrate." You can "feel" as though you are being open, relevant or empathetic, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's how you are being perceived by the prospects.
Whether we like it or not, likeability makes a difference in all aspects of how we are perceived. Our likeability follows us all at home, at work and in social settings. The important thing to remember is that it doesn't really matter what we think of ourselves when it comes to others making decisions about us.
About the Author
Pam Holloway is a business psychologist and co-founder of AboutPeople, a unique training and consulting firm that helps companies maximize the people side of business. She is a program designer, author and teacher specializing in Market Psychology and Organizational Dynamics. Pam also delivers keynotes and workshops throughout the United States and Europe.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Haven Fun at work is one of our Values. It's written in stone. Way to go Jonny Adams!
This is the guy we went to see in Concert last night. He is amazing. This was filmed at the venue we saw him at. Cool. It's a famous Concert hall for virtually every band you have ever heard of has come through here.
Marc is a Believer and a good friend of our new VP of Sales, Mark NeSmith who was nice enough to take Rog and I. We all sat in Marc's wife's booth with some of NeSmith's old SoCal friends. What a cool evening.
Marc is the artist that Taylor Guitars sponsors to showcase their products. It's amazing the things he does on that thing...
See the Back Story of how they pulled off this Flash Mob. It started with one Choreographer, who taught 20 dancers, who in turn taught 800 volunteers, who in turn taught 21,000 people this dance in one day. The Principles of Biblical Discipleship are powerful. The 800 are the key. The Volunteers make it happen. Are you doing what you can do?
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
This was a tough 12-15 loss for the Wildcat JV. They played hard and Nick Hiller had a great night. If you watch at 4:18 in the video, Barrett throws what would be the game winning TD pass, but it was called back for ineligible lineman down field. If you watch the play closely you can see that it was the fullback (who is eligible) that was down field. It was a bad call and it cost them the game. Its a tough break, however we know that great things lie ahead for this team. Hold your heads high boys and go play hard next week!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Recruiting people to your discontent is wrong and childlike. It is a hollow attempt to justify your decision by convincing others (and yourself) that you are right. It shows the root of your issue and bears witness to the character of the individuals that play such games.
Why be more concerned with the ease in which we are willing to allow you to go, than you are with the ease in which you decided to leave.
If you’re not happy at Shanghai Inn, don’t scream at Flossie, go to Hong Kong Inn. Not happy there, go to Canton Inn. Don’t like their sauce, go to Fire & Ice…Maybe the common denominator between all of your disappointments is you.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
- Reading more sociology than soteriolgy=no power! It's the Cross,theCross,theCross! 27,000 baptized here by preaching Jesusabout 12 hours ago from web
- Most imp.confession:U R the Christ! Mt16:16 2nd most:We're only men!Acts14:15 My stressrelief mantra:GOD is God & I’m not!about 19 hours ago from web
- Just added myself to the http://wefollow.com twitter directory under: #lead #pastor #churchabout 22 hours ago from WeFollow
- @stevenfurtick "&when ur dead,they deify you" True! There r no statues of critics;only of guys demonized while alive.rw11:14 AM Aug 11th from web in reply to stevenfurtick
- CH Plants-When small,they dismiss u.When ugrow,they discredit u.When larger,they dislike u.When big,they defame. LOVE them! Rom12:218:52 AM Aug 11th from web
- There's no GROWTH without change.No CHANGE w/o loss.No LOSS w/o grief.No GRIEF w/o pain.Lead change with kindness.Rom.2:48:25 AM Aug 11th from web
- @kimbrow Thanks for being a spiritual father to us young nextgen pastors. KIM, I call you guys "The Reformation Generation" Acts13:368:10 PM Aug 10th from TweetDeck
- Whenever u play it safe,u reinforce your fears.Dont debate it.DO it! MOVE against fear.Step into the river.Josh.3:7-165:23 PM Aug 10th from web
- Feelin'the love! RT@adrianwarnock Why I love Warren http://bit.ly/ioEqx Loved ur wkend reports. Proud of you pastors!8:34 AM Aug 10th from web
- Pastors=most UNDERRATED influence in America.More go hear them on ONE WKEND than to all pro sport events combined in A YR!8:23 AM Aug 10th from web
- What we laugh at reveals a culture's heart.When impurity & mediocrity are considered hilarity we have a problem Houston.5:28 AM Aug 10th from web
- What grows a church is no secret:TRANSFORMED LIVES! If they're genuinely changed u’d have to lock doors to keep people out.4:46 PM Aug 9th from web
- Pastors, ur stories about today's services sent to me @rickwarren are amazing! Rom12:15 I'll post some on pastors.com1:25 PM Aug 9th from web
- If u are a church planter 1)let me know so I can follow u, 2) follow@rickwarren so we can talk directly, 3) follow @ronsylvia1:21 PM Aug 9th from web
- I'm following ALL pastors.Did a 10 day fast praying for allpastors & want to hear how services go today- good & bad.7:43 AM Aug 9th from web
- Saddleback's own Kyle Loza wins X GAMES GOLD for 3rd time! I interview him this wkend. http://blip.tv/file/24531388:23 PM Aug 8th from web
- The greatest churches are yet to BE! Built on God's purposes by guys who learn from mentors.I intend to help them succeed2:27 PM Aug 8th from web
- @Lamarslay FOLLOW @RickWarren-In 1month u'll learnmore about growing a church than in any seminary.THANKS for ur kindwords2:01 PM Aug 8th from web
- "Leader" is not a title u give yourself. It is given by others after sacrificing & putting their needs first. Mk.10:451:48 PM Aug 8th from web
- I’m unmpressed by guys energetic to lead but allergic to serving.Dont tell me u love to lead.Love being a servant.Mt.20:261:41 PM Aug 8th from web
- Every pastor has to decide what he wants most: Control or Growth.U can't have both.The bottleneck is always at the top.7:28 AM Aug 8th from web
- For growth, the pastor must give up control of the ministry & the people must giveup control of the leadership.Acts 6:1-77:23 AM Aug 8th from web
- 3Borneo pastors beheaded for refusing to denounce faith in Christ - http://bit.ly/13fprE1:53 AM Aug 8th from TweetDeck
- @pastoroga May I RT ur tweets in Spanish? OF COURSE! Retweeting can be a powerful ministry. 2 Tim.2:23:48 PM Aug 7th from TweetDeck
- Knowing how to quit is as important as knowing how to start. Every project need both a genesis and an exodus. Eccl.7:83:37 PM Aug 7th from web
- Here's a pic of @RickWarren talking to about 75 pastors at Relevant Magazine HQ right now: http://twitpic.com/d23v41:12 PM Aug 7th from TweetDeck
- Enjoying dinner at Maggiano's with my buddy Cameron Strang.6:48 PM Aug 6th from web
- Perfectionism paraylzes potential & promotes procrastination.Eccl. 11:4 "If u wait for perfect conditions,u'll never get anything done."11:06 AM Aug 6th from web
- Speaking at AOG Convention in Orlando tomorrow. Still stuck in plane on LA tarmac for over an hr.- equipment malfunction!10:59 AM Aug 6th from web
- Major loss? Do what King David did: Focus on what's left,not what's lost. Play it down & pray it up.2 Sam.12'21-235:24 AM Aug 6th from web
- Greg Laurie, my dear friend, is preaching at Saddleback this wkend & we're showing Lost Boy. Pray for Harvest Crusade.6:15 PM Aug 5th from TweetDeck
- You'll never be fully satisfied on earth because u were made for FAR MORE.At death u won’t leave home-u’ll go home2Cor5:15:56 PM Aug 5th from web
- To win people you must be WITH people -like Jesus. Pharisees labeled it compromise but He called it compassion.Be like him1:05 PM Aug 5th from web
- http://twitpic.com/cv9g1 - John Stott's BASIC CHRISTIANITY-a"must read" I wrote Foreword.My mentor& I co-preached sermon together9:40 AM Aug 5th from TwitPic
- Its wise to learn from experience but WISER to learn from others.Its faster&less painful but it takes humility. Pr.19:206:34 AM Aug 5th from web
- If you talked to your friends the way you talk to yourself, would you have any friends? Psalm 1396:12 AM Aug 5th from web
- Pr.29:25-The approval of others is a TRAP.Only way to avoid criticism is to say,be &do nothing!Live for an audience of ONE3:04 PM Aug 4th from web
- Ended my10day fast.Asked God to bless all pastors,my family&church. critics&enemies.Email email@example.com 4 info2:39 PM Aug 4th from web
- When tempted,dont resist-REFOCUS.What u resist persists because it has ur attention. Just turn your mind away.James1:14-1512:51 AM Aug 4th from web
- Love always attracts! Jesus drew crowds."If I'm lifted up,I'll draw ALL to me" What about you & your church?6:45 PM Aug 3rd from web
- @thejoelstein A mess of bibilical proportions! "scraps of paper blown down the street"Hosea13:3 (Mes) Hrs to clean up! rw1:29 AM Aug 3rd from web in reply to thejoelstein
- A weakness of many leaders is not trusting their followers! Free Markets &Ministries unleash God-given creativity.Let go!12:22 PM Aug 2nd from web
- Some problems are UNSOLVABLE.If u cant solve it-manage it.If u cant manage it-accept it.But always trust God.2Chron20:127:54 AM Aug 2nd from web
- Holiness,not happiness,is life's goal.To grow thru problems.dont ask WHY? Ask WHAT do U want me to learn? Rom8:28-295:32 AM Aug 2nd from web
- The Gospel is not about prosperity,pleasure,position,passions,possessions,or problem-free living. Its a PERSON-Jesus3:07 PM Jul 31st from web
- I'm following every one of u church planters/pastors who tweet me.Thanks for letting me know Ur out there.I'm Ur fan!10:08 AM Jul 31st from web
- Worry is worthless.Never solves any problem.Stewing w/o doing.WORSHIP,not worry,will give you your answer.Mt6:25-349:55 AM Jul 31st from web
- Deep thanks to U who help me share Bible wisdom by retweeting.Together, OUR ministry partnership is serving many. Ph.1:53:23 PM Jul 30th from web
- Never confuse your value with ur valuables,nor ur networth for ur self-worth.The greatest things in life arent things.3:09 PM Jul 30th from web
- To LOOK past behavior & SEE the hunger&hurt in others u must SPEND TIME w them. It takes CONTACT lenses.6:24 AM Jul 30th from web
- @Alebmalu inBrazil"Unbeliever friends want to start agroup to study PurposeDrivenLife.How?" @BrettEastman HELPS ALL!1:04 PM Jul 29th from web
- Resentment kills. Whoever MAKES you angry controls you. Unless you release them, you'll begin to resemble them.Job5:212:46 PM Jul 29th from web
- @CliffBarrows Cliff,u made my day! U've led milliions toChrist w BG & at 86 ur tweeting! Everyone follow Cliff & pray 4 his eyesight10:53 AM Jul 29th from web
- @BrettEastman Rick. how many of your tweetsare actually from you? Answer:100% Ghostweeting is fake in my book. rw9:29 AM Jul 29th from web in reply to BrettEastman
- If you can't talk about it, its already out of control. Hiding a hangup on intensifies it. James 5:164:22 PM Jul 28th from web
- If we were more consistent in confessing our temptations, we wouldn't have to do as much confessing of sins.4:19 PM Jul 28th from web
- GQFF (great quotes from friends) "Both the deadness of liberalism & the deadness of traditionalism kill churches"@pastorjdgreear1:23 PM Jul 27th from web
- GQFF:If Satan can get us angry, we're off our game.We cant be caught in emotional tennis matches that destroy our witness @macbrunson1:17 PM Jul 27th from web
- GQFF (great quotes from friends)"The only thing worse than pride is being prideful & not knowing it" @johnnymhunt1:06 PM Jul 27th from web
- The Gospel is sweet enough by itself & doesn’t need sugarcoating. What needs sweeting is our sour attitudes toward others12:44 PM Jul 27th from web
- http://twitpic.com/btgd4 - Yesterday I crashed a college pool party by surprise. Uninvited I ran in yelling & cannonballed.I shot this w ...6:57 AM Jul 27th from TwitPic
- Every style goes out of style.The only way to always be relevant is to focus on what's eternal-God's purposes Ps33:1012:27 AM Jul 27th from web
- Q&A17 There's nothing new about the NewAge. It's the oldest lie:"You can be god" Gen3:5 You're not even a mini-god.1:38 PM Jul 26th from web
- Q&A16Acceptance isnt approval.Jesus publicly defended a woman’s dignity w/o approving her sin.He corrected privately.Copy him!1:16 PM Jul 26th from web
- People keep asking. YES! No one ghost tweets for me! I'm personally answering questions from the communty. RICK1:13 PM Jul 26th from web
- Q&A15No one is argued into the Kingdom.We love people to Christ by serving them.Meeting felt needs is Christlike.Mk10:511:11 PM Jul 26th from web
- Q&A14 The 2 primary reasons people don’t follow Christ: 1) They’ve never met a follower. 2)They have. 1 Cor10:321:07 PM Jul 26th from web
- Q&A13If I see how others should change but can’t see where Ineed to change I need more time in self-examination.1Cor11:311:05 PM Jul 26th from web
- Q&A12 More would loveJesus if we who believe the doctrines of grace were gracious!Our lives must“adorn” doctrine.Titus2:101:01 PM Jul 26th from web
- Q&A11God made us Thinkers,Feelers or Doers so we’d need each other.Discipleship is doctrinal,emotional& practical.Rom12:1012:58 PM Jul 26th from web
- Q&A10Don’t tryto be something;be someone.WHO u are matters more thanWHAT u are.U take character,not reputation,to heaven12:54 PM Jul 26th from web
- 4 of 6 worship services over.Time to answer questions.Thanks for retweeting these!12:51 PM Jul 26th from web
- Finished 3 day retreat w my PEACE Plan staff. Due to them, 8,212 members have witnessed &served in 137 nations past 5 yrs.4:54 PM Jul 24th from web
- If you were adopted or raised by others: Who you were born FROM is not necessarily who you were born FOR! Jer.1:53:52 PM Jul 24th from web
- Some guys think they are prophets but they’re just unloving&cranky.TRUE prophets “strengthen, encourage&comfort” 1Cor 14:32:17 AM Jul 24th from web
- Pr.24:16 "Tho a righteous man falls 7 times, he rises again"The righteous arent perfect,just persistent.Get back up!12:53 AM Jul 24th from web
- Persistence purifies our prayers. If I'm not willing to pray for something more than once, its a whim, not a real desire.12:43 AM Jul 24th from web
- Worship is focusing my attention on God,expressing my affection to God,using my abilities for God,&placing my trust in God.7:20 PM Jul 23rd from web
- The ultimate test of faith: Will you love & trust & worship God even if everything goes wrong in your life? Job 15:137:19 PM Jul 23rd from web
- Blogging can be a powerful tool for good or evil. I'm just opposed to people who do nothing but take pot shots at others.2:23 PM Jul 23rd from web
- I'm not just PRO-Life,I'm WHOLE Life.I want her to grow up w/o abuse or poverty, healthy&educated&fulfilling God's purpose2:18 PM Jul 23rd from web
- Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Bloggers fiddle while the world goes to hell.Misplaced prioriies. 1st John3:162:10 PM Jul 23rd from web
- There are "doers of the Word" & there are do-nothing critics. The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are arguing. A waste.2:06 PM Jul 23rd from web
- 148 million orphan in the world. Each one needs a FAMILY not an orphanage!Get Russell Moore's "Adoption for Life" book2:02 PM Jul 23rd from web
- Over 500 Saddleback families committed to adopt kids after my message on adoption! OrphanCare is one of our signature issues,1:59 PM Jul 23rd from web
- A key to spiritual growth is to pass on whatever you learn. God gives more insight to those who share with others.2Tim.2:21:48 PM Jul 23rd from web
- Q&A9 Last Q: I haven't owned or even worn an Hawaiian shirt in 3 yrs. But lazy reporters repeat the myth.That's all!11:06 PM Jul 22nd from web
- Q&A8 It's foolish to believe half of what the media says. Always go to the source! NEVER judge others by what you read. Pr.14:1511:02 PM Jul 22nd from web
- Q&A7 We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it. God’s purpose isn't limited by your past.10:45 PM Jul 22nd from web
- Q&A6 Your problems are not punishment; they are wake up calls! God is trying to get you to change.. Ps. 119:6710:42 PM Jul 22nd from web
- Q&A5 It is always more Christlike to resolve a strained relationship than to disolve it. Hang in there. Gal.6:910:38 PM Jul 22nd from web
- Q&A4 Apologetics@Saddleback,Sept5-6, JP Moreland! WilliamLaneCraig! Greg Koukle!NormGeisler!DarrellBock!Dinesh Dsousa!10:33 PM Jul 22nd from web
- Q&A3 You can subscribe to Purpose Driven Connection magazine at purposedriven.com. The current issue won a Pulitzer prize!10:28 PM Jul 22nd from web
- Q&A2 Re:RW-hating bloggers? I’m thrilled my life gives them a purpose for living! Lk.6:26 May God bless them! Lk.6:27-2810:27 PM Jul 22nd from web
- Answer to Q#1 Yes, I personally write & tweet every word. Ghostwritten books or tweets lack integrity. Prov. 20:2210:18 PM Jul 22nd from web
- 1 wk ago I began tweeting.Thanks for following! In the next few tweets I’ll answer a few questions you’ve asked,10:17 PM Jul 22nd from web
- Your biggest distraction in worship is you–your resentments,prejudices,interests&worry about what others think of you5:37 PM Jul 20th from web
- Jesus measures greatness by service,not status. The size of the task is irrelevant. It's how much love you put into it.1:07 PM Jul 20th from web
- Surrendering to God isnt fatalism or laziness. It may mean sacrificing & suffering criticism to change what needs changing7:54 AM Jul 20th from web
- It is when we try to be God that we end up most like Satan, who desired the same thing.7:41 AM Jul 20th from web
- Life is a struggle because we struggle w God. We want to be God & there’s no way we'll win that one.Surrender is peace7:32 AM Jul 20th from web
- When I surrendered to Jesus, I found not a tyrant, but a savior; not a boss, but a brother; not a dictator, but a friend7:20 AM Jul 20th from web
- JESUS' TATOO OF YOU: "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands!" Isa.49:16 No one will ever love you more.8:22 PM Jul 19th from web
- Christ on the cross,arms outstretched:"I love u this much! I’d rather die than live without u!!"That's how much u matter8:11 PM Jul 19th from web
- No matter who or how old you are, you'll always need chldren in your life.They are God's tools for teaching unselfishness.7:36 PM Jul 19th from web
- HOW you live is far more important than HOW LONG you live. It's your donation not your duration you should focus on.6:32 PM Jul 19th from web
- Love people and use money. If you start loving money, you’ll end up using people. Eccl. 5:1010:43 AM Jul 19th from web
- I pray 2Th.3:1 for pastors today."Pray the Master's Word will take off &race through the country to a groundswell of response"(Mes)5:54 AM Jul 19th from web
- NEVER COMPARE yourself! Other's success will discourage you OR yourswill make you prideful. Both are deadly.Gal.6:45:07 AM Jul 19th from web
- Those who waste time attacking perceived faults of others never grow up.Envy & bitterness shrink their hearts.Jn 8:1512:10 PM Jul 18th from web
- God planned your birth before creating the univese.Eph.1:4.He made you to love you.You're no accident!11:03 AM Jul 18th from web
- There are accidental parents,but no accidental kids.Illegitimate parents,but no illigitimate kids.God wanted you alive.10:54 AM Jul 18th from web
- If unbelievers like what they see, they'll listen to what we say.9:30 AM Jul 18th from web
- If you only pray when you feel like it, Satan will make sure you never feel like it6:56 AM Jul 18th from web
- You'll NEVER get free on your own. If you could,you would, but you can't so you won't. God wired us to need each other.2:17 PM Jul 17th from web
- To defeat any compulsive sin you must admit it to someone.James 5:16. Revealing your feeling is the beginning of healing.2:15 PM Jul 17th from web
- Humility is a choice.You don't pray for it.You DO it.God says Humble yourself! It isnt denying your strengths;Its admitting your weaknesses.7:40 AM Jul 17th from web
- John Piper & I preached Ralph Winter's funeral together recently. I love JP. His reasons convinced me to tweet. http://bit.ly/QAMil7:30 AM Jul 17th from web
- Read your way out of every rut.Pray your way out of every doubt.Act your way out of every fear.When going thru hell, KEEP GOING! LoveUguys!6:04 AM Jul 17th from web
- Why do we put salt on ocean fish? The same God who keeps them salt-free while living in brine, can insulate us from worldliness. Jn 17:158:59 PM Jul 16th from web
- The Christlike response to culture is neither mindless imitation nor spineless isolation. Its insulation (in not of) & infiltration!8:46 PM Jul 16th from web
- GRACE is the fact that God knows every stupid mistake I'll make in ministry and still chose me.You too.Jn 15:16 & 1Tim.1:125:46 PM Jul 16th from web
- Don’t claim you believe the Bible if you're doing nothing for widows & orphans. James 1:27.12:54 AM Jul 16th from web
- You only believe the parts of the Bible that you DO. Don’t claim you believe in inerrancy if you don't love your enemies.12:48 AM Jul 16th from web
- I believe in the absolute inerrancy of Scripture, I do not believe in the inerrancy of my interpretation - or yours either.12:46 AM Jul 16th from web
- Weddings make us smile but funerals make us think..Death forces us to consider the meaning of liife. Eccl. 7:2 .Never waste a funeral.5:12 PM Jul 15th from web
- Did back-to-back funeral&wedding. Pastoring is an emotional rollercoaster. You won't last.uniless you genuinely love the people you serve..5:04 PM Jul 15th from web
- It's distractions, not doing evil, that sideline most pastors.They lose focus. It's all about the Global Glory of God. Period7:27 AM Jul 15th from web
- So many talented people give 1st class allegiance to 2nd class causes that diiffuse their energy, weaken impact & waste their lives.7:21 AM Jul 15th from web
- The key to a life of impact is FOCUS! Many things aren't necessarily wrong-they just aren't necessary, PD is chosing wisely.7:13 AM Jul 15th from web
- Just finished grilling burgers for my Jr &Sr High& College Staff at my house.The 1st duty of leadership is to say thanks,3:07 PM Jul 14th from web
- You cannot win your enemies to Christ. You can only win your friends. Treat everyone with love, respect, and dignity.6:35 AM Jul 14th from web
- 5:30am Quiet time in backyard watching sun rise over Saddleback Mt. 1 bird chirping.The Lord is my strength. Enter the day with reverence.5:50 AM Jul 14th from web
- 2 tweet or not 2 tweet? I fear the narcissistic possibility, but can’t pass up any tool to encourage you! Jumping in! .4:07 PM Jul 13th from web