Saturday, April 19, 2008

Poquito mas foto's


If your getting tired of thise pictures...too bad. Cause I have about 1500 of them...and I think I'm going to blog them all. If you havent gathered it yet we had a great time...and and I am so glad that we started dwon this path. As many of you know, this is just the beginning of the journey with the goal to be the "install trip" in Feb or March or 2009 (dates to come) . The Lord has already blessed "Operation Security Blanket" with a publicity sponsor Security Dealer & Integrator Magazine has agreed to do a full cover feature story on the project next spring after the install is done. They also want to interview me (yikes) and do bi-monthly updates on the progress...I think that this will provide the encouragement that other industry manufacturers will need to get on board to donate equipment for this very important project. I am so stoked!

So...We need logo contestants to submit a logo...it will be published in a national magazine in addition to being used on a bunch of other collateral materials, etc. It's a resume' builder opportunity folks...any up and coming graphic artists out there?

Next steps will be creating the full equipment, supplies and tool list and then send out our first solicitation letter to our primary targets. Follow up on the letter in a week, and then repeat. Please pray that the Lord will soften the hearts of the people we contact...and they will want to get involved. I seriously thought the hardest part would be getting a magazine onboard...and they jumped at the opportunity. Maybe the whole project will be like that.

If you think you want to go on the install trip. Contact Gary Wilson at Gwilson@highstreet.org and he will put you on the list. Details will follow.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you for what you are doing for the "Nest"!!
That is my boy in the top right with all the curly hair!! I love spotting pictures of him! We are leaving in a week to go for another visit!

thanks again for serving!!
Blessings!
Stephanie

Stephanie said...

That would be great if you could send me some pics! I will take any of our boy we can get!!

You are right, adoption is such an amazing experience all around, even though it is the toughest thing I have been through so far. God has taught and continues to teach us each step of the way.

Thanks again!!
Stephanie
sma13@bellsouth.net