Sunday, December 04, 2005



Yes my friends...the crowd was angry that day...it was like a mad house...like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli. Questions flying from all around the theatre...But then...something came to me...something so unexpected that I nearly couldn't get it out.
Just as I began to ask the question...I froze...I could see him before me...a greater Comic Genius I have never known....Just then...a calm came over the crowd..and I rose to my feet. I cupped my hands around my mouth like an auctioneer, at a never ending Pie Auction. I yelled, " So what's up with the boots you always wear to see Regis?"...Just then I was catapulted, from my seat, Ten stories high if I was a foot, from the middle back Right Hand Side on the floor (thanks for the great seats Greg & Teri) and it was as if I stood directly before him...Him and I...I and him...having a discussion about his “uncle Regis” "You noticed that too"...he said..."That is very perceptive"...(thanks to my adorable Wife Cindy...Who pointed it out to me...Luv ya babe)..."you should get a 25% refund on your tickets tonight when you leave the theatre", The great one continued. There we were...Him and I..I and him...hangin out…talking ‘bout his "Middle" shoes...It's like we were friends...buddies...nay...BFF's. I really like that Jerry Seinfeld...he's my BFF...

Is that a Titleist? Or was it a Buster Brown?

5 comments:

millsie said...

good story...wish i was there....

Anonymous said...

Is this a true story or are you taking the whole freedom of the press ( or speech, whichever) thing to literally? If it is true then you need to write it in your little pink diary and read it whenever you have one of those gloomy, rainy days when no one thinks your cool.

Hillenblog said...

I never have days where nobody thinks I'm cool...and it is true...

Unknown said...

yeah, i think i'm gonna start callin' him uncle jerry, now, since he and my dad are so tight.

Anonymous said...

hillen, if you ever do have a day when you think noone thinks your cool, just know if i am not dead, someone always thinks you are cool. tell jerry i said hi!